[pct-l] Sleeping bag advice

Tortoise tortoise73 at charter.net
Mon Aug 20 09:43:09 CDT 2012

Hmmmm? I wonder if you being very lean runner is affecting your non-exercising metabolism? Are you cold just standing /sitting in camp or similar? Are you so lean that you lack body fat insulation? Insulation? This is my non-expert opinion.

I wear silk weight Patagonia underwear for sleeping. Helps keep me warm also when I get up during the night to relieve myself and in the morning sometimes for the first mile or two hiking.

Have you discussed this with other runners to learn how they adjust to trail life?

Tortoise

Typed on my iPad.