[pct-l] Suiattle river log crossing

David Cully (S) David.Cully at ColoradoCollege.edu
Tue Aug 21 13:16:48 CDT 2012

The lower log 100 ft upstream was there on the 14th of August. The hardest part of the log crossing is following
the trail through the woods to get there. The Forest service appears to have removed the bridge on the initial creek
crossing from the southern approach, and labeled the route as "not maintained". There are logs upstream from the
bridge site to cross on, however, and the trail is tricksy but navigable. I didn't double back and walk the new official
PCT route, but I'd recommend crossing on the log. It felt like a worthwhile, adventurous alternate as well as a bit of
a rite of passage for the end of my thru hike. Happy trails!

- Vapor