[pct-l] Off season jobs

Stephanie Best stephintahoe at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 23 15:21:33 CDT 2012

Hi Drake,

Not sure if you ski or ride but a ski shop might just fit your Oct-March
schedule (not sure if it's much of a "career" but it leaves lots of time to be
up on the mountain).  I own a ski shop in CO and hire my employees in October,
and as long as they are willing to stay thru March, leaving before the end of
the ski season is not a problem.

Good luck,
Steph

________________________________

Hello All,

During my time on the PCT I have run into numerous repeat thru-hikers. I am
curious if anyone on this list falls into that category and if so what kind
of job(s) do you work in the PCT off season (October-March) to help fund
your thru-hikes? My thru hiking experience turned out to be extremely
addictive and I can see myself attempting multiple thru-hikes in the future
but doing that in my area of work is the equivalent of committing career
suicide so I am looking for other careers that are more "PCT thru-hike"
friendly.

Thanks,

Drake

-