[pct-l] Off Season Jobs....the solution

CJ & Cristy Miller soggy2pair at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 13:17:37 CDT 2012

Project Management, on contract....

Although I'm a super-non-grown-up with wife, kids, mortgage, I often have time to easily Section hike but, there are many of my co-workers (Project Managers, Developers, Engineers, Analysts) that purposefully work independent, on contract.

If your skills and current career align with this idea then look up your local recruiting firm like:   TekSystems, KForce, Dice - those kind of shops.
    In the Portland area, even though the unemployment rate looks ugly, there are just less than 1gazillion temp.on-contract jobs for PMs, Developers, Engineers, Anaylsts...if that is up your alley.

I have many co-workers that purposefully work a temporary contract, usually at a very decent bill-rate and then take a few months off, easy!

It all depends on where your current skills are at or simply, what ever you're willing to put up with for in/for a job.