[pct-l] PCTers in New Zealand, tramping tips?

Anne Estoppey anne_estoppey at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 04:26:27 CDT 2012

Hello all,

Change of plans for me, therefore I am going a bit off-topic, sorry!

US don't let me stay more than 6 months on a visitor visa. That is the maximum one can get anyway! I didn't know that...
So I keep US for April to September 2013, for PCT.

I have to rethink my trip from December to April then.
I decided I will spend my time mostly in New Zealand.

Here comes the off-topic ;-)
Have PCTers been in New Zealand for what they call 'tramping'?

What are your experiences, considering that December and January are high season down there?

Which trails would you recommend?
(of course I am interested in the 'less known' trails, less busy routes)

Thanks again in advance for sharing your experiences,
Cheers
Anne