[pct-l] Sawyer Squeeze

Jim Banks jbanks4 at socal.rr.com
Wed Aug 29 13:06:16 CDT 2012

As to con #3, there was a demonstration at the home-made gear presentation
at the Kick-off this year by a guy (sorry, I can't remember his name to give
him credit) who solved this issue by using a cyclone tube and a partially
cut-away soda bottle.  I copied it and it works great and adds practically
nothing to the weight.  You cut away most of one side and the bottom of a 12
or 16 oz soda or water bottle, screw the cyclone tube to it and then screw
the other side of the cyclone tube to the Sawyer squeeze bag.  Dip it into
the water and it acts as a funnel to fill the bag.  A cyclone tube is a
piece of plastic about one inch long with female threads on both ends.

I-Beam