[pct-l] PCT Sawyer Squeeze Feedback

Ed Jarrett edjarrett at msn.com
Wed Aug 29 14:29:07 CDT 2012

I have about 500 miles on my Sawyer Squeeze, and so far I like it and have had no issues, other than with getting the bag filled.  I am usually fairly gentle with gear and have never squeezed very hard.  I have also taken a 20oz soda bottle and cut the top 3 inches or so off and use that as a scoop to fill the bag with.  I have more recently taken the bottom portion of the bottle and cut a notch in it and am storing the bag and filter inside the 're-assembled' soda bottle.  The whole thing then goes into a gallon Ziploc and into the back mesh pocket of my ULA.  The bag and bottle weigh little but provide convenient storage and protection for the filter and bag, as well as making the bag much easier to fill.

Ed Jarretthttp://aclayjar.blogspot.com/