[pct-l] Sawyer Squeeze

mkwart at gci.net mkwart at gci.net
Thu Aug 30 14:17:53 CDT 2012

I also have switched to the Sawyer squeeze system from a Katadyn Hiker
pro pump filter. I have stopped "squeezing" the bags and instead roll
them up from the bottom like toothpaste tubes to minimize pressure on
the seams. You have to leave enough airspace in the bag to roll it from
the bottom. I have only used it in clean water conditions so far--it
needs to have a trial on a cow pond infested trail like the AZT--has
anyone used the Sawyer in nasty water conditions for a prolonged period
of time? Did you carry the backfill syringe with you?
--Fireweed