[pct-l] Bagley Fire

Elisabeth Cutright-Smith liz.cutrightsmith at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 16:23:25 CDT 2012

Here is the incident info for the Bagley Fire:

http://www.inciweb.org/incident/3188/

It includes an updated closure order (from 8/28), but they don't seem to
have updated the closure map, and, at least as of a couple of days ago,
closed areas were not well signed. There was at least some discussion of
using the PCT as a northern containment line for the fire, so be careful
out there.

With reduced winds today, hikers even in the open area of the trail west of
Castella can expect smoke from the Bagley Fire to basically run right into
smoke from the Fort Complex near Seiad.

Safe hiking!