[pct-l] "Unquestionably the most comfortable UL backpacks"

Justin West cjustinwest at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 13:35:43 CDT 2012

 I have nothing against ULA whatsoever, and have not had the pleasure of
using their backpacks yet , but I just wanted to put a strong plug out
there for the new and VASTLY improved Gossamer Gear packs.  I have used the
Mariposa now for two summers.  Last year I used the old version, this year
I got the new one.  This pack is AWESOME.  There is a lot I could say about
how they have improved it, but in essence they have made it
More durable
Very comfortable
Spacious
Still extremely light

I think Gossamer Gear is starting to really hit its stride as a company in
their design and manufacturing
Worth checking out for those shopping!
Like I said, I haven't used ULA yet so I could not do a comparison review.

Disclaimer: GG gear sponsored my hike and research of a field guide of the
PCT (www.storythewalk.wordpress.com), however, they *never* asked me to say
anything about their packs to anyone.  I take this initiative on my own
because I was so happy with the new Mariposa, and with the way they seem to
operate as a company (good people!)

Justin West
www.storythewalk.wordpress.com