[pct-l] Bleach as Water Treatment

Thomas Jamrog balrog at midcoast.com
Fri Aug 31 14:29:27 CDT 2012

Anything that Steeleye says is correct.  The CDC out of Atlanta website also has info on using bleach for purifying drinking water.   I am amazed at how little you need.  I have a dug well here at the house and needed to wipe out some e-coli that got in there somehow off surface water.  It is 4 feet in diameter and 12' deep, with over 1,000 gallons on hold.   1/4 of a cup of bleach was all that was recommended by the water testing firm that analyzed the water.
Uncle Tom
"It doesn't work to leap a twenty-foot chasm in two ten-foot jumps".
-Source unknown