[pct-l] 2663 stickers

be hope bh.csuchico at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 23:58:33 CST 2012

A secret handshake is required for another reason.  There is a diamond
shaped-sized PCT-type metal marker on a tree adjacent to the trail with
"26.2" imprinted on it.  A special set of circumstances brought me face to
face with the marker.   At first I thought it was the marathon numbers
marking the end of a secret marathon course ~~ cool.  After closer
inspection (more than once), pondering where such a secret course would
traverse that part of the PCT,  and seeing other markers with similar
numerical values in the same vicinity, I conclude that it is a USFS tree
marker.  For the few (several?) of us that know its location, 26?? could
 signify "the" 26.2 marker on the PCT ~~ a secret handshake will unlock the
meaning of "26??" !   I have a pix of the marker with two marathon alumni.

be hope