[pct-l] Snow levels in the Sierra

Greg Hummel bighummel at aol.com
Wed Feb 1 12:20:06 CST 2012

From; http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/snow/PLOT_SWC  this shows that the levels in the Sierra began tracking below that of the record low year of 1977. Now they've jumped just a bit above the '77 line and it is still way too early to predict. In '77 we all left the border very early; mid-March to early April and got hit by a late spring snow storm just after we climbed into the Sierra.

But, sitting in your shoes, as I always do vicariously at this time of year, I'd wager that an early start might work and begin planning that, however, keeping plan B in mind.

Echoes of '77 are especially strong this year due to the lack of precipitation and it's taking me all the way back to the memories of my planning in the winter of '76-'77.

Greg Hummel

“Sometimes, I guess there just aren't enough rocks in the world”
								― Forest Gump