[pct-l] A question for AT veterans....

Sam Griffin samgriffin4 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 15:48:46 CST 2012

Howdy PCTL,

So, after hiking the PCT last year I'm compelled to do some trail magic,
though doing it on the PCT is kind of out of the question seeing as I live
in North Carolina. That said, I wanted to set up shop in that shelter near
Max's Patch on the Appalachian Trail (I live in Asheville). I was wondering
when the best time to do this would be. I know hikers start the AT anytime
between early March and late April, but I wanted to know when the 'herd'
would be coming through. If it's in March I'll probably set up a little
'coffee shop,' with hot drinks and hot food and Bojangles (my less than
rowdy Basset hound). If April I'll do the more cook-outish type of thing.
Anyhow let me know, and if any of you listers are in the area let's do this
together!

keep it real,

Rattler