[pct-l] Bigfoot in 1986 on the PCT?

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 14:00:12 CST 2012

Hi Chuck,

That was a very interesting post telling of the discovery of the 400' waterfall in Whiskeytown Park in 2003. Amazing that it too so long to re-discover it. I am very familiar with Whiskytown Park  I first rode there when the endurance race was called Big Bad Bally - named after a mountain that the race would climb as part of the very challenging course. Subsequent to 1986, my wife and I have visited that park and camped there and ridden all of the trails. Never even heard that there was a lost waterfall.

Then, after buying Primo, and conditioning him to my standards, I entered him in his first 50-mile endurance race. By then the race was re-named. It was the "Whiskeytown Chaser". We won it - and Primo also got the prestigious "Best Condition" award.given to the horse finishing in the top ten who was judged by the Veterinarian staff as being in the best physical condition - "fit to continue". It is interesting that the DATE of that race was April 4th, 2004 - less than a year since the discovery of the giant waterfall. Now I will have to return some day to hike of ride the new trail that leads to the waterfall.

MendoRider-Hiker