[pct-l] The Peek bites the dust

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 12:00:50 CST 2012

My PEEK stopped working about a month ago.  My emails to the company went
unanswered, and their phone number just goes to a recording.  Then two days
ago I received an email from PEEK with this statement:

"We have been winding down the US service since late 2010, and at the end
of 2011 this email address was connected to one of a few Peek devices still
operating in the US. At the end of January, this last batch of devices was
decommissioned."

So much for my "lifetime service"!  They never sent me a heads-up warning
email that my PEEK was about to be put to rest.

Despite PEEK's crappy customer service over the last few years, it was a
great little device.  Because they "decommissioned" my PEEK, I now am the
proud owner of one of them-there SmartPhones.

Now if I could only figure out how to make a stinking phone call on my
"smart" phone!

Yogi
www.pcthandbook.com