[pct-l] Kearsarge Pass

Tom Hopkins thopkins415 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 13:09:50 CST 2012

Charlie- I was the one who started this thread on Kearsarge Pass. I think
that you will find that is a lot of food to carry. I did it in 1999. I went
from Muir Trail Ranch to Whitney Portals with ten days food on my back. I
do not want to do that unless I have to.

I am going to use the Bear Boxes at the Trail Head at Kearsarge and hope my
food  is there a week later.I am starting at Whitney Portals going
Northbound. If worse comes to worse I will be eating Twinkies all the way
to VVR. There was a guy on the trail in '99 they were calling Payday John.
All he was eating was Payday candy bars. Maybe I will be Twinkie Tom?

Happy Trails
Tom

er

--

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the
world."