[pct-l] agua dulce lodging/shower

david woods dkwoods33 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 14:11:13 CST 2012

In 2009 when I supported my son's thru-hike I took him about 1/2 mile east
of the trail crossing at Soledad Canyon Road to the KOA campground. At that
time they charged $10.00 for a shower. You can probably camp on their lawn
if you want to pay their hefty rates. They also had a mini-mart although I
do not remember how well stocked it was. I only bought an ice cream bar to
eat while I waited for my boy to shower:

http://koa.com/campgrounds/acton/?ifv=1

>Message: 14
>Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 16:09:14 -0800
>From: "James A. Streeter" <james8313 at sti.net>
>Subject: Re: [pct-l] agua dulce lodging/shower
>To: pct-l at backcountry.net
>
>3 options and they all end up in Santa Clarita and require a
>hitch or possible one of the trail angles that live in SC.
>
>All are a 15 mile one way trip.
>
>1. Sierra Hwy and Agua Dulce Rd. I rate this as the No. 1 option as
>it will take you to a choice of a couple motels and a large grocery
>store within 1/2 mile at the intersection of Sierra Hwy and
>Soledad Cyn Road.
>
>2. Escondido Cyn Road at Agua Dulce Rd. -  West to SC -- Rated 2rd
>3. Soledad Cyn Road - West to SC -- Rated 3rd
>
>If you need more info let me know.
>
>YosemiteJames
>formerly from Santa Clarita
>

>Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 21:03:18 -0500
>From: juma <juma3 at cox.net>
>Subject: [pct-l] agua dulce lodging/shower
>
>I'm hiking thru agua dulce in early march. I checked with saufleys but
>they won't be open. Any other place in town I could get a shower and
>maybe spend the nite?
>
>juma

DKW - Sent from my Acer Iconia tablet