[pct-l] Kearsarge Pass

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 15:04:54 CST 2012

It was easy getting from Onion Valley to Lone Pine and there is good
resupply there.  Also there's the Dow Villa or the Hiker Hostel and a great
Chinese carousel restaurant, pizza and a great breakfast at the Alabama
Hills.  It's a fun place to spend a zero for a few good museums and the
National Park's tour of Manzanar, the Japanese internment camp, one of the
most moving National Parks experiences I've ever had.  Powerful!  And then
there's all those hikers converging on the town before hitting the Sierras,
or getting out for resupply.  I hadn't seen Smiles, a Swiss mountaineer,
since KO, and we made the reconnect.  She became an important and fun part
of our High Sierra Snow Team.  It's a good stop after doing Forester, and a
fun town.

Shroomer