[pct-l] Convertible hiking pants

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 15:58:58 CST 2012

Call me vain but get a pair with just a little bit of *stretch*, they look
and feel so nice, Columbia makes one (but it doesn't have convertible
zips), I think all brands have one.  I've been thinking about trying out a
pair from Mountain Hardware that is also breathable, lightweight, 8.6 oz
and rain resistant, *the women's stretch cohesion*, everything you need in
one pair of pants.  It is expensive though.  When hiking, I seldom use
the convertible zips and hike with pants to protect my legs from shrubs and
sun.  I like a pair of shorts for town and I don't mind changing "IF" there
are no shrubs, etc.  It is also nice to have just one other "bottom
option".  This way, you don't have to have an extra pair of rain pants in
your pack.  Here in CA, we haven't had any rain to try them out.

I haven't tried or even bought the women's stretch cohesion but if anyone
else has, let me know before I spend $120.  It seems to have everything I
want in a pair of pants on an ultra light long distance hike.

Toga