[pct-l] PCT FAQs

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Mon Feb 6 09:51:55 CST 2012

Good morning,

Any “Frequently Asked Question” (FAQ) section – wherever it is found –
should more aptly be named the “What We Want You to Know” (WWWYK) section.  As
common and as occasionally helpful as these offerings are, readers should
understand that any information contained therein is self-serving of its
presenter; and is carefully selected and edited -- whether directly or
tacitly -- to represent a specific product, service, or point of view.

One reason I like PCT-L is it does not pretend to support any specific
position relative to PCT hiking.  Many opposing views can be found on
PCT-L, and there is “peer review” of any statements or positions.  Usually
poor ideas and pure baloney are smoked-out; something that’s unlikely to
happen in a FAQ section.

These ongoing conversations can be a source of discomfort to some PCT-L
readers who bemoan the occasional bickering by saying, “Quit arguing and
just tell me what to do!”  For those hikers I suggest a nice guided tour of
a local park.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye
http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/