[pct-l] trailhead break-ins

shon mcganty smcganty at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 8 11:53:07 CST 2012

I'm thinking about a hike this summer of the Tahoe Rim Trail, and while researching were I can park a car, I found a trail journal of a guy who said where he parked, but returned to find his car window smashed and clean cloths taken.  Another reader posted a suggestion to leave the car doors unlocked.

At first that seams like an invitation for a thief to choose your car, taking the radio, hot wire the engine or what ever.
I was wondering what other opinions are out there in the hiking community.  Thoughts?

Or, does anyone live in the Truckee or Reno area, I could pay $$ to park my car and take a bus to the trail.

thanks.

Shon