[pct-l] shoe shopping question

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 8 12:05:49 CST 2012

Amanda,

Mango has given you great advice. My only comment is I don't think "toe socks" are necessary. Instead, I have always worn two pairs of socks - the ones that I put on first are lightweight nylon that fit close to your foot. The heavier socks go outside the lighter socks. This eliminates friction on your toes, and therefore blisters. I suggest that you try two different thicknesses of the heavier socks to see which works best. Depending on how much hiking (especially with a pack) you have done in the past, your feet might actually become larger.

MendoRider-Hiker