[pct-l] Bring ONIONS on the PCT - don't eat them!

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 10:05:38 CST 2012

This might be a way to sanitize an area where hikers camp together. Slice up an onion and scatter it around. Bury pieces when you leave.

MendoRider-Hiker

________________________________

Subject: Something to Think About - Onions & Mayo

                                farmers to see if he could help
                                the flu. Many of the farmers and their family
                                had

                                doctor came upon this one farmer, and to
                                his
                                the doctor asked what the
                                that was different, the wife replied that she
                                had
                                rooms of the home, (probably
                                back then). The doctor couldn't believe it and
                                asked if
                                place it under the microscope. She
                                one and when he did this, he did find the flu
                                virus in the
                                bacteria, therefore, keeping the
                                healthy.
                                my hairdresser in AZ.
                                years ago many of her employees were coming
                                down
                                customers. The next year she
                                bowls with onions around in her shop. To her
                                surprise,
                                work....Try it and see what
                                it last year and we never got the
                                flu.

                                sent it to a friend in Oregon who
                                contributes material to me on health issues. She
                                replied
                                with this most interesting experience about
                                onions:

                                know about the
                                know that I contacted pneumonia and
                                to say I was very ill... I came across an
                                article that said
                                onion put it into an empty jar.....placing
                                the
                                said the onion would be
                                from the germs.... Sure enough it happened
                                just
                                I began to feel better.

                                read in the article was that onions and garlic
                                placed around the room saved many from the black
                                plague years ago. They have powerful
                                antibacterial, antiseptic
                                properties.

                                note.

                                problems we don't
                                it's the onions that are to blame.
                                Onions
                                so good at preventing us from
                                and flu's and is the very reason we shouldn't
                                eat an
                                after it has been cut open!

                                ONIONS ARE POISONOUS

                                privilege of touring Mullins Food Products,
                                Makers of Mayonnaise.. Mullins is huge, and is
                                owned by 11 brothers and sisters in the Mullins
                                family. My friend, Jeanne, is the
                                CEO.

                                up, and I wanted to share what I learned from a
                                chemist.

                                named Ed. He's one of the brothers. Ed is a
                                chemistry expert and is involved in developing
                                most of the sauce formula. He's even developed
                                sauce formula for McDonald's.

                                mind that Ed is a food chemistry whiz.
                                the tour, someone asked if we really needed to
                                worry about
                                worried that mayonnaise will spoil.
                                Ed's
                                all commercially- made Mayo is
                                safe.

                                refrigerated. No harm in
                                but it's not really necessary." He explained
                                that
                                that bacteria could not survive
                                environment. He then talked about the quaint
                                essential picnic,
                                salad sitting on the table and how
                                everyone
                                gets sick.

                                poisoning is reported, the
                                officials look for is when the 'victim' last
                                ate
                                (in the potato salad?). Ed
                                mayonnaise (as long as it's not homemade Mayo)
                                that
                                the Onions, and if not the
                                POTATOES.

                                magnet for bacteria,
                                onions. You should never plan to keep a portion
                                of
                                safe if you put it in a
                                it in your refrigerator.

                                contaminated enough just by being cut
                                and out for a bit, that it can be a danger to
                                you (and doubly
                                you put in your hotdogs at the
                                baseball
                                leftover onion and cook it like crazy
                                you'll probably be okay, but if you slice that
                                leftover onion and
                                you're asking for trouble. Both the onions
                                and
                                attract and grow bacteria
                                commercial mayonnaise will even begin to break
                                down.

                                Their stomachs
                                onions.

                                to cut an onion and
                                next day, it becomes highly poisonous
                                for
                                bacteria which may cause adverse
                                infections because of excess bile secretions and
                                even food

                                on to all you love and
                                care.