[pct-l] Handshakes

Fred Walters fredwalters2 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 06:48:35 CST 2012

I would suspect that most people on extended hikes are aware that, should
they get ill then it may end their hike (and PCT 'thru hike wise that may
mean retrying next year) or at best makes life particularly difficult.
Compared to somebody working in a fast food burger place who would maybe
get a few days off work if they become sick ...

And I have always considered it is easier to contaminate yourself than
others, so I would expect hikers to be a pretty safe group to shake hands
with.