[pct-l] Handshakes

Carl Umland olhiker2 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 13:41:11 CST 2012

Fellow PCTers and friends,
 I'm kinda surprised that nobody has brought up "Beneficial Bacteria"
for the prevention of trail related intestinal maladies.
 Most trail food is so processed that it's seriously lacking in the
nutrition that we get from foods that're prepared fresh. The
regular ingestion of acidophilus with probiotics can replace what the trail
food lacks. Supposedly they flood your digestive tract with enough good
bugs to kick the asses of the bad bugs.
 My hiking partner "Sky Pilot" and I've started taking Trader Joe's brand
of "Acidophilus & Probiotic Complex" at home as well as on the trail. I'm
not saying it's a bombproof cure all but I think it's helped keep us
healthy. I hope this helps, it works for me.
Be well, hike long & hike far,
Mulestomper