[pct-l] SOCKS

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 20:36:12 CST 2012

I'm so low tech and cheap I now wear the Costco low cut, acrylic,
anti-microbial (how's that!!!) socks.   After having all my expensive socks
turn to shreds on the PCT.  I just have a new pair come with each food box
now.  I've always got a new non dust impregnated pair to give me happy feet
for a day or two.  I agree Diane.  The dust just keeps washing out, no
matter how many times you rinse them.  If you're new to long trails and
really dirty clothes, make sure you pre-rinse your socks really well, or
they will leave everything else muddy in a standard clothes washer.

Shroomer