[pct-l] Long Pants

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Sun Feb 12 11:38:30 CST 2012

Good morning,

Some of the female hikers I’ve known over the years admit to wearing long
pants because they can’t seem to accept being seen in public – if that’s
what hiker-trash is called – with hairy legs.  I’ll admit being up way past
my bedtime making recommendations about what the distaff hikers should do,
but leg and pit fuzz are  facts of life on the trail, to one degree or
another, so I’d say just go with it.

Quit shaving now and by the time the Kick-Off rolls around you’ll be past
the stubble-stage and be will on the way to feeling comfortable, both
physically and socially.  Then you'll be able to decide long pants vs.
short pants based upon technical merit rather by social pressure.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/