[pct-l] (no subject)

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 09:32:24 CST 2012

Given the late June start, I'd say just start at Kennedy Meadows and give
yourself a slower start to break in over the most beautiful mountains in
the country.  Take it slow and enjoy the High Sierra and the plentiful
water as well as the thru hikers you'll be hiking with, as there will be
some still starting from KM as you do.  Then finish by hiking south from KM
in Sept.

I had to hike south from Cottonwood Pass, (south of Whitney) in late Sept
and early Oct. to complete my thru in 2010 as I had missed 300 miles of
desert and it was a wonderful time to do some of those desert sections.
Cactus fruit, pine nuts, wild plums and holly leaf cherry were all over the
place and so foraging for the fruits of the desert was also fun.  Instead
of the blistering days of late June, I had cool weather and freezing
nights.  Wonderful.  I finished my hike at the Saufley's in Agua Dulce, a
fitting end to the best summer of my life.

Congrats on the CDT.  I'm about to begin it!

Shroomer