[pct-l] who has experience with quilts?

juma juma3 at cox.net
Wed Feb 15 07:29:00 CST 2012

I have a couple of JRB down quilts.  I have silnylon "wings" and a sewn
up footbox.  I bought the longer ones as I was sort of in between.  I
can easily put them over my head and gain a little more warmth.  I do
side sleep and toss and turn a bit and this causes me trouble with
drafts.  The drafts wake me up every hour or two so I never feel I've
gotten enough sleep.  One of the quilts is supposed to be good to 25*
but I really can't use them below 45* or so due to my sleeping style and
the result of drafts.  I think folks who can sleep on their back and
never move can use quilts most effectively in colder weather.  I cannot.

juma