[pct-l] Fw: SOCKS

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 16:31:14 CST 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "gschenk1 at roadrunner.com" <gschenk1 at roadrunner.com>
To: "pct-l at backcountry.net" <pct-l at backcountry.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:15 AM
Subject: Re: [pct-l] SOCKS

---- Edward Anderson <mendoridered at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think that this "dust in the socks" problem is exacerbated when you are wearing those low-cut trail runner shoes. If you wear boots high enough to also give ankle support, dust in the socks will not be a problem. While I mostly ride, I also hike, leading my horse, sometimes for several miles. I have never had the problem that you describe.

I think dust in the socks also adds to many folk's blistering problems. Of all the people I hike with, the only significant issues with blisters come from PCT hikers. Especially in the southern sections. Boots do keep your feet cleaner. Dirty Girl's seem to help a lot with lower cut shoes.

The only blistering issue I ever had was while wearing low cut shoes. Once in section A, and again while wearing low cut shoes into Bearpaw Meadow, a very dusty trail. Dirty Girls seem to help.

But I could be wrong.

Gary

To unsubcribe, or change options visit: