[pct-l] Hairy Legs & Combat boots

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Feb 18 04:48:39 CST 2012

Yes Brick,
This is absolute proof that Yogi is learning from the  "Master".
Actually Brick, hairy legs do more than make hiker chicks look "TOUGH".
Some folks say hairy legs in combat boots not only make "GUYS"   look
tough but also....ooohhh....so irresistible to to the girls.
I used to wear combat boots when I first started hiking.
As a matter of fact I wore combat boots when I first hiked Whitney back
in 1968.
Karen, my wife, put a stop to it....she said those hairy legs in combat
boots were distracting the girls.

Some folks say  "YOU  AIN'T  REALLY  HARD - CORE"  until you hiked
Whitney in combat boots.

Coming to think of it, I once hiked naked, with hairy legs in combat
boots, on a very hot day, on a very primitive, isolated trail in the
Grand Canyon.
Luckily I did not encounter any hiker babes....for the image of JMT
Reinhold...naked, with hairy legs in combat boots would have been
forever engrained in their memory.
Unfortunately I got a real bad sunburn on the part of my body not
covered by the pack, namely the rear end.
It made sitting very uncomfortable.
I gave up hiking naked after that.

I bet Yogi would look ever so tough and lovely with hairy legs in combat
boots....almost as tough and lovely as Switchback.
Besides Brick, hair is a good insulator....you would need less cold
weather gear if you let it grow.
This should be of great interest to the UL crowd.

JMT Reinhold
Your hairy legged trail companion

This sounds like a Reinhold Thread......
Jackie McDonnell <yogihikes at gmail.com
Personally, I think hiker chicks with hairy legs look TOUGH.
I tried it //once.  In fact, I made it from Kennedy Meadows to Etna
without shaving.
I //looked tough, but I just couldn't stand the way my hairy legs felt.
It //seemed hotter, and I definitely was dirtier than with shaved legs.
A //disposable razor weighs next-to-nothing.
I just carry one with me and />/shave when I get to a motel/hostel.
//Yogi
------------------------------------------------------//
CHUCK CHELIN <steeleye at wildblue.net
/Good morning, //
Some of the female hikers I've known over the years admit to wearing
long //pants because they can't seem to accept being seen in public --
if that's //what hiker-trash is called -- with hairy legs.
I'll admit being up way past //my bedtime making recommendations about
what the distaff hikers should do, //but leg and pit fuzz are  facts of
life on the trail, to one degree or //another, so I'd say just go with
it. //
Quit shaving now and by the time the Kick-Off rolls around you'll be
past //the stubble-stage and be will on the way to feeling comfortable,
both //physically and socially.
Then you'll be able to decide long pants vs //short pants based upon
technical merit rather by social pressure. //
Steel-Eye /