[pct-l] Wanted!! your trail names

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Feb 19 12:27:58 CST 2012

Yoshi,
In the Sierra my trail name is  "JMT Reinhold".
However, in the Grand Canyon my trail name is  "The Canyon Rat".

WHY????

JMT Reinhold?............Probably because I have hiked the JMT so much
and expressed my love for the  JMT so often, that I  have created
somewhat of a name for myself on the JMT.

The Canyon Rat?.............Probably because I have been crawling around
in the Grand Canyon for 30+ years.
Rafted the Canyon, hiked every trail in the canyon (most of them
multiple times), hiked it east to west, west to east, north to south,
south to north, Rim to Rim in one day...3 times, Rim to Rim to Rim in
one day...2 times.
And sometimes, when I am crawling around in the canyon, I am not the
cleanest looking dude.
Water is very scarce on some of the trails or none existing and is not
to be wasted.
When I hiked the Apache Trail I was hauling 12 quarts of water and not a
drop was wasted on washing.
In other words, sometimes I look like a  "Dirty Rat"  when I am crawling
around in the canyon.

Perhaps that is where the trail name "CANYON  RAT"  came from.

But, Yoshi, don't be suprised by some of the strange trail names on this
list.....there are some very strange people on this list.....Switchback
is a perfect example.

JMT Reinhold...aka "The Canyon Rat"

Chuck wrote:
Trail name:
http://www.trailjournals.com/trailname.cfm?tnID=2545&trailname=8835
<http://www.trailjournals.com/trailname.cfm?tnID=2545&trailname=8835>

2012/2/14 Yoshihiro Murakami <completewalker at gmail.com
Dear hikers /gangs/ ladies //I would like to introduce American hiking
culture in my new hiking //book.
I think that the trail name topic may be needed.
I had already //personally filed some of my friends' name and its
explanation.
But I //want gather more names, and I want classify based on its nature.
So, //If you agree with me, please send me an e-mail as the following
//format.
I think many people will disappear from this list in several//months,
because the hiking season will begin. ////The format may be: //( trail
name ) ( brief explanation of its origin, nature, and episode, //etc. )//

//Sincerely //
Hiro ( Yoshihiro Murakami ???? )
/
/ facebook http://www.facebook.com/completewalker />/
Blogs http://completewalker.blogspot.com/ />/
Photo http://picasaweb.google.co.jp/CompleteWalker/ />/
Backpacking since about 1980 in Japan />/
JMT, 2009, 2010, 2011(half). /