[pct-l] Hiker's Rash

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 20 22:26:34 CST 2012

Todd wrote:

I've done a number of section hikes over the years and I've found that after
a few high-mile days I frequently develop uncomfortable friction rashes
where my thighs rub together (undoubtedly a result of having massive and
manly muscular legs).

This is a pretty common problem with a few different possible solutions.
Personally I'm a big fan of wearing underwear that has legs that extend down
the thighs, like Under Armour offers here:

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/pid1209291

This underwear has totally solved all of my chafing problems.

Other people have gotten good results with various body lubricants, or with
extreme ventilation (hiking kilts, anyone?).

Eric