[pct-l] Stevens Pass to High Bridge/Lake Chelan

Tom Weir tom_d_w at hughes.net
Mon Feb 20 22:42:41 CST 2012

Phil,

The only way to get to or from Stehekin is by boat, trail, or float plane.
If you hike north from Stevens to Stehekin, you can take the ferry back to
Chelan, ride the Chelan County transit bus south to Wenatchee, and then take
the Trailways bus to Stevens Pass.  They both use the same terminal in
Wenatchee.  Or you could park at Chelan and do the bus parts of the shuttle
before your hike.  The Apple Inn in Chelan will let you park in their lot if
you stay there one night.  If you hike all the way to Rainy Pass you will
have to hitch to Chelan to get any kind of public transportation.

Here are some links that might help:

http://www.ladyofthelake.com/

http://www.linktransit.com/

http://www.northwesterntrailways.com/

http://appleinnmotel.com/

Good Luck.  This is one of the most beautiful and wild stretches of the PCT.

Tom