[pct-l] illegal campfires

gschenk1 at roadrunner.com gschenk1 at roadrunner.com
Tue Feb 21 09:05:03 CST 2012

Hey Mendorider,

Thanks. There's a lot of illegal fire rings out there. This year has been very dry in Southern California. The chapparal will be ready to burn if you just look at it cross-eyed. Fire is part of the ecology in the mountains in SoCal, but there's no need to help it along.

People died when that idiot with a flare gun started the San Diego fires a few years back. People lose homes, pets and livestock. It's ridiculous to take a chance. And lets face it, it's never that cold down here to need a fire for survival.

Gary