[pct-l] Shoes

tom aterno nitnoid1 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 10:45:24 CST 2012

For all of the minimalist shoe or no-shoe hikers...

We just bought The Adventures of The Barefoot Sisters Book 2: Walking Home.  It is the second volume of the sisters' hike on the AT from Springer Mtn. to Katahdin.  Sharrel has just started to read it, and they did hike most of the AT barefoot.  Book 1 may have more pertinant info for a beginning barefoot or minimalist hiker, as that book covers their start at Katahdin where they first decided to hike barefoot.  Yes, they sobo'd the AT, taking an unusually long 8+ months, and decided to hike back home nobo since they ended their sobo hike in March, the usual starting time for nobos.

The Incredible Bulk