[pct-l] The Heitmans' "retiring"

Andrea Dinsmore andrea at dinsmoreshikerhaven.com
Tue Feb 21 12:54:36 CST 2012

Georgi's open letter was right on. The Sauffleys, Andersons, Heitmans and
all the other important Angels in California get a huge amount of hikers
each year, where up North we only average 250-300(ish). Out of all those
hikers each year we only get a very few that have the MSDS attitude. (My
$$$$ Don't Stink)  Everyone notices them and and remember them as a pain.
99% of the hikers are super folks. You got to figure that the "pains" are a
big pain in the city where they live too. You're either a nice respectful
person in life or you're a turd. They just stick out more on the trail. You
take the good with the bad. You snivel and whine.....but you keep on
keepin' on. We all love our hikers not for what adventure they are
"personally" on but because we like to help out and and regard you all as
family no matter how bad you smell. Hopefully the MSDS folks don't treat
their families at home like this. If you feel the MSDS way of life is
really how you are.........go stay at the Motel in town. Remember these are
our homes. We don't have to deal with this. If you don't think Trail Angels
are needed then keep your silly butts on the trail.

PCT MOM
www.  dinsmoreshikerhaven  .com