[pct-l] Request for an article on long-distance hiking

Bruce Wallace bruce.wallace at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 10:39:18 CST 2012

Hi PCTers: Bruce/The Punisher here. My fiancee, Julia/Cowbear, and I hiked
some of the PCT last year. When I'm not walking (and sometimes even when I
am), I'm a journalist. I want to do a magazine story about people who've
built lives that allow them to devote substantial time every year to doing
long hikes. I'm interested in talking to people who are in the age range
that most Americans spend tethered to full-time jobs (i.e. not in school
and not retired), and who have taken at least a month straight to go hiking
for several years in a row. I'd want to talk about the impulse to do this
(obviously an impulse everyone on this list understands), and the logistics
of accomplishing it.

I read through the messages in the "How do long distance hikers make a
living?" thread here from October and am getting in touch with some folks
who chimed in there. But if anyone else would be willing to talk to me,
please shoot me an e-mail.

Thanks, hope you're all well.

Bruce

--