[pct-l] Hikers Rash

James Vesely JVesely at edmsupply.com
Wed Feb 22 10:53:00 CST 2012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinea_cruris

"Since fungi tend to thrive in warm, dark, damp conditions, minimizing
these conditions can help treat and prevent jock rash. Some useful
measures are: wearing boxer underwear or no underwear, increasing
air-flow by sleeping near a fan, wearing loose sleepwear or no
sleepwear, exposing the area to wind and sun, and thoroughly cleaning
the area with a hand-held shower head and soap."

Caution! There are some graphic photos listed in the Wiki. :)

Hello Todd, I hope you get this rash handled,it can be a real big
issue. I met a guy who ditched his hike 2 years in a row because of
rash. I felt bad for him,he was in much pain. I found a product called
Special Care Moisture Barrier Ointment,it might help,I use it on my
feet sometimes with good results(happy feet). As far as the massive
muscular legs,I enjoyed the bravado,but on the PCT you will be just
another set of massive muscular legs. Im not sure of your underwear
status,but perhaps that is a factor. Good Luck to you and your
journey.
To unsubcribe, or change options visit: