[pct-l] Andy Skurka...."Hiking Clinic" and "Circling Alaska & Yukon Slide Show"

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Feb 22 06:14:29 CST 2012

Hi gang,
I just received this from Andy Skurka and thought I forward it to you.
Andy is one of America's premier backpackers.....with an incredible list
of "High Adventures".
He is not only  "Hard-Core",.....he is truly   "hard to the core".
His  4,700 mile  "Circling Alaska & Yukon"  is a mind boggling "High
Adventure" that will leave you in awe.
Andy  will be presenting a "Ultimate Hikers Gear & Skills" clinic and
"Circling Alaska & Yukon" slide show.

I attended it last year and highly recommend it.
The slide show will blow your mind and the hiking clinic will give the
class of 2012 PCT  "Thru-Hikers"  a chance to learn from the  "MASTER",
the art of UL.

JMT Reinhold
Hey all -

Would you be willing to fill a seat at and/or to help me promote my
upcoming slideshows and clinics in the Bay Area? Please tell your
family, friends, co-workers, running groups, and any online communities
(e.g. PCT-L, JMT Yahoo, etc.). These are the first of 43+ events that I
have scheduled for March and April, so they are especially important for
giving this whole tour some momentum -- and making me think that I'm not
crazy for giving 6 events per night for 7 weeks straight! Your efforts
are /greatly /appreciated. Thanks.

For full details and a complete schedule, visit:
http://andrewskurka.com/slideshows-clinics/current-schedule

The "Circling Alaska & Yukon" slideshow recounts my 4,700-mile 6-month
hiking/skiing/packrafting trip with great images, video clips and
stories. The "Ultimate Hiking Gear & Skills" clinic focuses the
backpacking gear, supplies and skills needed to make hiking fun, rather
than an arduous chore between campsites. I will be selling and signing
my new book, /The Ultimate Hiker's Gear Guide/, at all events.

Here are the Bay Area dates and locations:

*Sunrise Mountain Sports*
2455 Railroad Ave
Livermore, CA
Mon, March 6, 7pm: “Circling Alaska & Yukon:
Tues, March 6, 7pm: “Ultimate Hiking Gear & Skills”
$5 admission, $2 for Boy Scouts in uniform

*Sports Basement – Bryant Street*
1590 Bryant Street
San Francisco, CA
Wed, March 7, 7pm: “Circling Alaska & Yukon”
Thurs, March 8, 7pm: “Ultimate Hiking Gear & Skills”
Free admission

Thanks again, Andrew

--
*Andrew Skurka*