[pct-l] Poodle bush

Barbara Karagosian barbara at mkpe.com
Fri Feb 24 14:03:05 CST 2012

Just a  reminder that there are huge amiunts of poodle bush in the area of the Station Fire in the San Gabriels.  This is a plant whose seeds germinate after a fire.  They can be up to 5 or 6 feet in height, green drooping leaves, purple flowers (I think flowerring might be over).  They can cause reactions such as the blistering and itching one gets from poison oak, which can last up to 2 weeks.  Not sure if there is an oil involved, but I think they have tiny hairs.  I was up there this past w/e and it was growing very close beside a lot of the trail, and in some cases the trail is very narrow indeed.  I'll try and find a link to pics.

Boomerang