[pct-l] digital wilderness press guide & the curse

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Thu Feb 23 13:59:49 CST 2012

Ooohhh...ooohhh........Don't do it David!!!
Don"t do what Adam Bradley (Tonto de Abril) was talking about on April
1, 2007, unless you want to reap Yogi's full furry and be cursed by Karma.
Adam has been missing from the list since that curse.
To find out more about what happened go to April 1, 2007 on the list
archives.

Lesson to be learned:....DO NOT MESS WITH SOMEBODIES PROFITABLE BUSINESS!!!

JMT Reinhold
Professor of economics
Yogi wrote:

Hello Tanya
I hope David does not share those pdf's with anyone; that would be a
copyright infringement.

Yogi
Tanya Savage wrote
: /
Hi David //
That sounds a great idea.
Don;t suppose your pdf's would be available to //download from anywhere
would they?
I have the WP guides but haven;t put //them under the knife yet, could
take some hours to scan using our little //scanner at home! //

Tanya//
David Money Harris //wrote:

//The WP guides aren't available in digital form, but I sliced the spine
//off mine, scanned them into PDF on a big autofeed machine, ran the PDF
//through optical character recognition, and downloaded the result into
my //iphone where I use Acrobat Reader.
This gives me all three books in //searchable digital form, albeit with
a bunch of zooming in and out. //
It was a bit of a hassle, but saves the weight.
I did the same with //Yogi's guide and I downloaded the Halfmile maps so
I'll have the whole //trail in my phone at all times.
I'll still carry the maps for the //current section because the hard
copy is more convenient to read
. //
Happy hiking, //
DMoney /