[pct-l] insurance

Alicia Reenders a.reenders at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 17:30:06 CST 2012

Hey there,

I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts lately, so I'm not sure
if this has come up recently or not. But since I will be without a job, and
maybe many of you are also, I won't have employer-paid health insurance.
I've gone without insurance before with no problems, but the PCT might have
more medical challenges than I had before. Do most hike with or without
insurance? What kind of affordable plan have you found- do you go with the
high deductible/low cost catastrophe plan? Has anyone heard of or like
traveler's insurance, like that of World Nomads? Thanks