[pct-l] Wilderness Press Books and YOGI

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.net
Sun Feb 26 15:20:32 CST 2012

The WP books have not been updated in some time. WP has told me they don't make money on these books. I suppose if we copy them rather than buy them then they will never get updated. They still are most descriptive of nature and history even if other sources are more current.

There's no need to infringe copyright anyway as Halfmile's maps are free and his latest include plenty of notes.

AsABat
PCT Water Reports Socal http://pct.4jeffrey.net
Send water updates to water at 4jeffrey.net

"Robert E. Riess" <robert.riess at cox.net> wrote:

I'm with Yogi. Respect her hard work. Pay what it's worth and stop
cheating and stealing. It is beneath the dignity of a hiker. Thru hikers
might be unconventional and nonconformist, but they are also fastidiously
law-abiding, not just when somebody is watching or when it's convenient.
Trail angels unite: Lenny is banned. A sincere and public apology to Yogi
might be considered. We have a word for encouraging others to break the
law; it's called conspiracy. Bob Riess, San Diego