[pct-l] a pot for two and newbie questions

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 17:40:40 CST 2012

I have to second this recommendation, even for couples hiking together.
There is always the possibility of getting separated or one getting injured
and taking a week off while the other goes forward to meet up later.  One
additional point is that after about a thousand miles you may find that
your food likes/dislikes are way different from when you started the trail
and from each other.

And lastly I remember reading in a book - I think it was  "A blistered kind
of love" that once in a while you will suspect your partner is eating more
than their fair share and minor resentments can arise - I know this sounds
silly but you really can't imagine how hungry you are going to be at times
on the trail.  There are times when you will eat a big meal and a half hour
later feel as if you've skipped dinner.

Enjoy the trail - it is a great experience.

Day-Late (who was always ravenous from Yosemite north)