[pct-l] Protein shakes as trail food?

Braden Snapp bradensnapp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 10:05:27 CST 2012

One note of caution for using protein shakes - they are hard on the kidneys
over time.  So, if you are using bleach or iodine to purify water (also
hard on kidneys) in addition to protein shakes be careful.  It probably
won't be too harmful if you have two health kidneys and drink lots of
water, but if you have any kidney problems or only have one it might not be
a good idea.  I only use pump water purifiers and never drink protein
shakes.  Of course I'm not a doctor, so this isn't medical advice.