[pct-l] Service Dogs

Andrea Dinsmore andrea at dinsmoreshikerhaven.com
Mon Feb 27 13:36:11 CST 2012

Been watching this thread about Service Animals.  I only have a question.
If you have the ability to hike 2,650 miles with lots of major obstacles
why would you need a Service Animal to accompany you ?  I know I don't have
the knowledge of all the areas Service Animals are used for..........but it
seems to be an oxymoron.  The hikers who make it all the way up here are in
extremely good physical shape. Aren't Service Animals used by folks who may
be in need of medical assistance ??

I am NOT downing anyone's needs for their partner. Just curious what the
need is. You can email me off line if you like. I'm not looking for a fired
up discussion.....just an education.

andrea (at) dinsmoreshikerhaven (dot) com

PCT MOM