[pct-l] Fwd: Re: Admin Note: Cabin fever, dogs, alcohol stoves, guns and Reinhold

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Feb 26 09:20:31 CST 2012

Yes, Treerings,
But what if they do catch me?.....I'm not as fast as I used to
be.....they'll have their way with me.
Yogi is pretty fast....not as fast as I am, but she is getting faster
faster and I am slowing down.

What if Yogi catches me???

Besides, I never had my hips replaced....I can still wiggle them as good
as ever.
It's the shoulders that I trashed (needed reconstructive surgeries)
during some high speed ski crashes.

JMT Reinhold
Your nervous trail companion
Treerings wrote:

Hike on, Reinhold, hike on!
You are getting slower, but so are the babes.
But they'll never catch you.
You're better looking and have more modern hip replacements than they.
Let their tongues wag like "quivering virgins" (thanks CHUCK) all the
while.
They'll never catch you!
Hike on!

  Reinhold Metzger <reinholdmetzger at cox.net
<mailto:reinholdmetzger at cox.net>> wrote:

    Brick, it is not  "CABIN  FEVER"....it is "BARN FEVER"!!!!

    Barn Fever breaks out every year, about this time of the year, when the
    "HERD"  is getting nervous and anxious to break out of the barn and
    stampede down the trail toward  "HIKER HEAVEN".

    Hey,....I may be controversial, but only with the guys, never with the
    girls.
    The girls have no problem with me...they seem to like me and are always
    chasing me on the trail.
    As a matter of fact, that is how I got to be a  "SPEED
      HIKER"...trying to
    prevent from being captured by "On The Trail To Long Hiker Babes"
    So far I have managed to outrun them.
    But, as I'm getting older, I'm afraid that sooner or later they will
    catch me and have their way with me.

    And yes,....I have my opponents and proponents, but did you ever notice
    that my opponents are usually the guys and the girls are always my
    proponents?
    That seems to aggravate the guys and makes them mad at me.

    But hey,....it's not my fault that I'm good looking and the girls like
    me.....is it?

    BTW.....What's dirty about...."Chickens on a leash"...."Ten good uses
    for dead hiker husbands"...."Ten reason why men are happier campers than
    women"...."The adventures of Peaches and Grumpy"  and the "Switchback
    after action reports"?

    IT'S  CLEAN  TRAIL  HUMOR.....that is what it is.

    Like I said the guys, not the girls, are my opponents.....you are a
    guy,  "AREN'T"  you Brick?....Just wondering, that's all.
    He,he,he,he.....I just had to sneak that one in.

    JMT Reinhold
    Brick wrote:
    It seems cabin fever has kicked in again.....
    Please remember that all posts to the list need to be polite, and on
    topic.

    I know that dogs, alcohol stoves, guns and Reinhold are all
    controversial topics, all with their opponents and

    HOWEVER, browbeating folks is simply not polite. The choices each hiker
    makes are his own, whether to hike in shoes, boots, or barefoot, with or
    without a dog, to tote a 20mm Vulcan mini-gun, whether to follow the
    rules and risk the potential consequences. ..... or even to exchange
    dirty jokes on the trail with Reinhold and Switchback