[pct-l] illegal copies of ANYthing, oh, and YOGI

Georgi Heitman bobbnweav at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 16:49:20 CST 2012

O.K....I've been letting this sit for the last 24 hours to be sure I really
wanted to sent it, just did a re-read and I'm still mad, so here it goes.
An Open Letter to Lenny the Little:
Lenny,
Anyone who has read this list or hiked the trail at all, also knows exactly
who Yogi is, and I for one would suspect it might best that you don't be
forgettin' all that's been written here since you posted, 'Don't forget who
you are, Yogi'.  Since you obviously don't know who Yogi is, I'll tell
you.  This is the woman who has taken some notes that she really only
intended to make for one friend one time and, because she was asked to,
refined those notes, re re-searched her research and for several years,
operated at a loss in order to provide the most comprehensive and
up-to-date guide available on the PCT.   Anything else out there was at
that time openly called 'The Book of Lies'.  Be aware that her friends on
this trail are legion, she and her right to copyright will be defended
again and again from Mexico to Canada, whether she makes a profit or not,
if for no other reason than that we can remember when she didn't and she
still kept on researching, revising and reprinting because she knew it made
a difference in the hiker community.  An apology to her would be a smart
move about now if you want to hike this trail in peace .
I've tried for years not to blast any one specific person or topic here, my
biggest failure being alcohol stoves, but in this case I think I'm willing
to state that not only are you just plain WRONG, but that I've come to
notice your email address and I will agree with you on one thing, in my
mind you are indeed 'little'...a very little individual indeed, both small
and small-minded.  Here is where I would normally close with something like
'happy trails', but in this case I'll make an exception, it would be more
apropos to say ' while I like to think I'm the forgiving type I can't be
sure, so you might want to stay out of my way'.